Pediatric Heart Expert Forum
scimiter syndrome

Questions in this forum are answered by pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and anesthesiologists from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support about pediatric heart problems, symptoms and topics such as heart murmurs, palpitations, fainting, chest pain, congenital heart defects (including management and intervention), fetal cardiology, adult congenital cardiology, arrhythmias and pre-participation athletic screening.

scimiter syndrome

sir,my name is sunil and i am from india and my baby is a month old.after second day from birth he has fast breathing after cinsulting paediatric doctors and specialist we came to know that my baby was suffering from dextocardiac scimiter syndrome and doctors had done cath and implanted coils to reduce pressure on heart.sir i want to know that is this fully curable and where in india please council and help me to find institutes in india and will be thankful if u contact me on +919960012600 my email add is ***@****
Sunil, unfortunately this forum is not a referral source.  We do not have the ability to recommend particular locations in India (or anywhere else) to seek surgical expertise.  That has to be sorted out with your prediatric cardiologist and pediatrician.  They can help you locate the tertiary care hospitals that have the most expertise in pediatric heart surgery.  That being said, scimitar syndrome is a complex type of partially anomalous drainage of the pulmonary veins back to the heart, associated with a small right lung.  If your child additionally has dextrocardia (heart in the right chest) there may be a more severe/complex form here.  One cannot consider this to be "fully curable" as you ask in your email, but the doctors can inform you as to what operations they can perform that best suit your baby's heart anatomy.  But this sounds like something that will require long term evaluation and perhaps multiple heart procedures.