vsd
My son has vsd.He hole is 2.5 mm/Good ventricular function.the first time we checked pressure was 50 mm/hg.

after 2 months the pressure increased to 73 mm/hg.he has trivial MR...Can I know when this defect will  be closed.He has high muscular VSD with significant adjacent muscular extension.He is on furoped.He has no signs of heart failure.He puts on good weight.His birth weight was 2.3 kg.He is four months now and is 6 kg...

Pleaase let me know when his vsd will close.
Dear Dhruv,

Without seeing your son, I cannot tell you when the defect will close.  I can say, however, that it sounds as if the defect is significantly limiting the amount of blood flow going through it, which is good for him.  In the end, it is more important that the defect be restrictive like this than actually having the defect close.  It may close by the time he is one year of age, or it may not.  But, we do have plenty of older patients who have residual VSDs that are restrictive that have no problems.