Could it also be Tourettes?
My son (11) has been diagnosed with ADHD, OCD and Anxiety. Most recently he has been diagnosed with Aspergers which actually explains a lot regarding interests and social issues. With stimulents (Concerta and Focalin) as well as Zolof for the OCD and Anxiety everything stays managable for the most part.  He is high functuning and does very well in school other than social issues. As a small child he studdered and had a blinking eye tick. Most recently he has acquired a throat clearing tick. I now understand that children with Aspergers can sometimes have ticks that come and go.  The actions that I am questionning now are only aparant when the Concerta and Focalin wear off. Not only does the ADHD kick into high gear, and major domination of conversations, but he has verbal outbursts of reoccuring words. They change from time to time. Odd things like "fart", "intestinal distress", "shishcabob" etc.  With the meds in action, he is a very intelligent, calm, considerate child. When the meds start wearing off he becomes a bad comedian with outbursts of odd words and sounds. Is this just the ADHD kicking in, or coud it be Tourettes? I would be appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
I really don't know much about Tourettes. I seem to remember that it is closely related to autism though so I'd say it's worth talking to your Dr. about it.