Questioning tourettes
My 18 monthn old son developed rapid eye blinking several months ago. I mentioned it to his pediatrician at his 15 months check up and the only thing he thought abnormal about it was the fact he stops whatever he is doing when he starts his blinking. Since then, he has started the "shivering grimace", and also this constant need to press his nose into something. he gets the shivering grimace face and presses his nose into what ever is close to him to do it.  i am wondering if its just a phase hes going through feeling different reactions on his face or if its the start of something like tourettes?
Sounds along the lines of tics.  Magnesium deficiency can cause tics, twitches, tremors, etc.  Magnesium is essential to proper function of nerves and muscles.

Have a google-search of "magnesium + tics".

Here's a quote from the internet:

"When I changed his diet to include more magnesium rich foods and less magnesium antagonists, the tics, twitches and blinking totally cleared up in a few days."