Pediatric Tourette Syndrome Community
diabetes and tourette's

WELCOME TO THE PEDIATRIC TOURETTE SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Pediatric Tourette: Causes, Diagnosis, Drugs and Medications, Family and Friends Issues, Living with Tourette Syndrome, Research, Risk Factors, School Issues, Symptoms, and Treatments.

diabetes and tourette's

My son was diagnosed with Tourette's 4 years ago, 3 months ago he was diagnosed with Type 1.  Does anyone know someone or any Drs who have experience in dealing with people who have both,and the affects they might have on each other?  His world has been turned upside down!!!
My beautiful daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 3 1/2 yrs of age, she is now 5 and last friday she was also diagnosed with tourettes. I am saddened to see that you haven't had a reply from almost 2 years ago, I hope that you have had the support you need and are there any tips or points you can offer my family now that you have experienced 2 years of this

I do not know if either of you will see this after all these years, but my son (now 10) began with tics at age 6 and was soon diagnosed with Type 1. I have been looking for a correlation--or for any doctor willing to investigate one. Please post if you have turned up anything. Wishing you the best.