early tourettes?
i have a 6 and a half year old son and for a couple of months on off he does this werid blinking thing, sometimes it will be a long blink other times he blinks then looks up is this a early sign of tourettes? im so worried about him, he has had his eyes tested and there great so its not that HELP PLEASE I see no other signs other then the werid blinking
anyone there to help
?
That can be a sign (or a tic). Children can also have tics when their brain is developing that simply go away.

If it is around more than 6 months, it could be a sign of Chronic Tic Disorder which is when there is only one type of tic. Tourette Syndrome is diagnosed when a person has BOTH verbal and motor tics that have been present for over 6 months. An example of verbal tic would be throat clearing or other repetitive noises. If only motor OR verbal ( but not both) are present for more than 6 months, it is diagnosed as Chronic Tic Disorder.

My son is almost 9. He was diagnosed with TS (Tourette Syndrome) when he was 6, but the tics were there beginning when he was 5...we just didn't what they were at the time.