Pediatric Transplant Expert Forum
harmonal problem

Welcome to the Pediatric Transplant Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals from the Transplant Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support regarding all pediatric solid-organ transplant issues, including heart, lung, kidney and liver transplantation.

harmonal problem
My daughter is now 6yrs old she got liver transplantation at the age of 4yrs and nowsheis normal but is shewill have any gynic problems in future
Hi Kareem14 -
I'm glad to hear that your daughter is doing well after her liver transplant.  Most girls have normal female hormone and organ function after liver transplant; many of the female liver transplant recipients at our center have grown up and had healhty children of their own.  The answer also depends on why she had the liver transplant, for example there are some liver diseases that are genetic and might impact her reproductive system.  If she had one of those diseases the answer might be different.  Your daughter's transplant team should be able to give you specific information.
best wishes,
Liz Rand