Pediatric Transplant Expert Forum
immune supressant medication, transmitable?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Pediatric Transplant Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals from the Transplant Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support regarding all pediatric solid-organ transplant issues, including heart, lung, kidney and liver transplantation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

immune supressant medication, transmitable?

okay so i had a heart transplant in august 2011, and i am recently engaged, my fiance has mitochondrial disease, and has been in and out of the hospital since we met, and we havn't been able to take our relationship to the next level, (a sexual level)
now while talking to my cardiologist around christmas he told me that the effects of my myfortic and neorel can be passed onto any children i might have. i am curious if it could also effect my fiance's immune system as well. im thinkin if it can be passed to a child then i dont c y i wouldnt pass to her, in a way similar to an STD...
any information would be helpful.