4yrs old Twins, persistent fever of 102.7 or 103.4 for 2 full days now.?
I have Twins boy and girl. Who have both had a persistent fever of 102.7 or 103.4 for 2 full days now.?
They are almost 4yrs old. They also are coughing. And have complained of a swore throat here and there. They both say their little legs hurt. :( My daughter will wake up crying saying her head hurts with her fever. They allow me to put a cloth on their foreheads. I have been giving them Advil for fever and that's when it normally comes down from the 103... They do drink, but I don't feel its enough, but I also may be over re-acting on that alone. So how much should they be taking taking in as far as liquids? The must have? What should i do??? I have call the doctor.... and said to him what I said here.
There are many virus going round now and many children are sick I have seen parents come on here endlessly with similar symptoms.It is important to get them drinking pedialite and also water as the are 3 years old .It may be influenza which has reared its ugly head , late this year. Speak to your Doctor and ask what else to give for the fevers., will last a bit longer I fear if its only been 2 days .If there are no stomach issues involved some chicken soup is good and really a light diet they will take. For sore throats popsickles , to soothe..ask the doctor what cough med to give there has been controversy over which kind of late so ask him ..good luck let me know how they are doing ..
Thank you very much.  (:  It just breaks my heart to see them feeling so bad and my oldest never ran a Temp like this for so many days.
Of course it does, twins are great we have identical ones in our family , both girls , one is the quiet one one is the bossy twin ..I know how you feel we just hate them feeling so awful, with the temps up I would check with the doctor if they seem worse ..good luck
Update---> after just feeling uncomfortable bout the way my son  was acting and feeling I took them both to the ER. They both have pheumonia, him a little more than her, but then she ended up having to have a breathing treatment before we left. But we caught it and they both was treated has out-patient.
Always a good thing to do when in doubt at the reason they were sick thanks for the update on them I hope they are feeling better soon .