Retractile or Undescended testicle after 9 years of monitoring..? Need Second Opinion
My 9-year old son has had a "in-n-out" testicle since he was born.  Throughout his first year or two the pediatrician told us he could easily "milk" teh teticle and cause it to come into the scrotum - it would go back.  As he has grown older at three different pediatricians (at different places and times) all have had the same opinion.  His testicle can be seen in the scrotum at times like when he is bathing and relaxed.

At age 8 his pediatrician still took a wait-and-see attitude for one more year, but at his 9-yr checkup recommends it is time for surgical intervention - his opinion that it is best "fixed just before puberty.  BUT THE UROLOGIST who checked him out at age 9 (his first ped urologist) says "UNDESCENDED" WITH HERNIA testicle and implied that it should have been fixed AT AGE 1.  I did feel the urologist did not make an effort to "milk" it, but he is the expert...I am desperate to get a second opinion.  Who is correct?

Also can I get the names of good ped urologists in the Greenwich. CT area.  Also upper NY area, White Plains, Cornell etc. is good.  I know Columbia University is good but they are way to busy for me even to get a hold of them?