Pediatrics Community
Stomach virus reocurring in a pattern
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stomach virus reocurring in a pattern

Day one my 7 year old child had fever, stomach pain and vomiting... last 24 virus.... but since them with exception of fever every 3 days she weaks up during the night vomiting and  having stomch pain that last 24 and reocurring in a pattern of 3 days....I just took her to the doctor... I was informed that is a virus and I should treat only with antibiotics... I wonder if it is not necessary having blood test done...I just do not want this coniditon  to aggravate
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
I'm not a doctor, but my first thought is that you need a new doctor if he prescribed antibiotics for a virus. Antibiotics do NOTHING for viruses. But they do aggrevate the stomach and promote the growth of yeast and decrease the effectiveness of antibiotics overall because they are so overprescribed. That being said, if the vomiting is occurring every 3 days, for a period of more than 2 weeks, your child should see a pediatrician, and have some basic labs done.

Vomiting and stomach pain can be caused by a lot of things. Usually viruses don't last longer than a couple of weeks. Even if it IS a virus, there are things the pediatrician can suggest you do to help your child feel better and stay hydrated and reduce the stomach pain.

The BRAT diet is a good diet to follow for a child experiencing stomach troubles. Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.  Good luck.
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Strange question but is your child constipated at all?  We had issues with my son with severe constipation and he had bouts of vomiting and stomach pain/nausea.  It was almost like a bowel blockage he would become so compacted.  We have worked on this and made it much better if you think that is going on at all.  (combination of much fruit and grape juice)

good luck
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
There have been many stomach virus this winter in fact through last year we have had many posts like yours,children according to experts are 20% sicker than they were a few years ago ,my guess is the anti biotics are not working well .
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
I agree with the above statement about antibiotics to be useless against a virus.  I also think that viruses tend to run their course and since your child isn't getting better and feels find on some days and then sick again, I'd follow up with your doctor and look at what other possibilities it could be.  There is the chance that your child has had more than one virus.  It happens.  good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...