11 moth old blue lips low o2
I have an 11 moth old son that for the last few days has had a blue tint on his upper lip and on his upper lip. We have been to his Dr a few times & they say to just watch him because he is active & acting like a normal kid. When we put a o2 monter on him today he was only 84 then it went to 90 the Dr says its not reading right cause he's moving to much, but my husbands family has major heart problems??? I'm so worried, we are taking him to the heart Dr on Monday. Anyone been to a heart Dr??
I can imagine you feel worried  blue lips seem to be a common occurrence, and very often there is nothing wrong however good you are going to have it checked out, we have a cardiology pediatric forum on MH take a look you may find other children with the same .Good luck let us know what the cardiologist says ..
I know that my son can also get a slight blue tinge to lips and even fingers when he is cold.  It happens in the swimming pool a fair amount for example.  However, here is what I have learned. You know your child and what is normal.  You also know what does and doesn't "feel right".  Trust that.  If you are not comfortable with what your Dr. is saying, it's good you are seeing another.  I'm sure all is fine...you actually do hear about this a lot, and I know from experience it is very difficult to get an accurate reading for oxygen saturation on an infant and toddler.  Take good care, and I'm sure this will all turn out well.