Pediatrics Community
2 1/2 yr old..medically fragile..with newer unexplained symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

I have noticed that my son has been having these horrible nightsweats. However, his body is ice cold. He is very restless, moves around all night. During the day he does sweat but not as bad. But, if he goes outside even for 5 minutes he comes back in with the most horrendous smelling sweat. Reminds me of that wet dog smell. I mean its horrible, I can smell him across the room. He also, has always had excessive hair growth. Not in the pubic area which I've read about, but his arms, legs, back, chest. He had his first haircut when he was less than 3mths old. And has to be cut every couple of weeks. The body hair is blonde however it is really thick. If it was dark hair he would look like a grown man. He does have some darker hair above his butt on his lower back. Any thoughts to any of this? I would say my main concern is the night sweats. I don't know if he is hot or cold. Don't want him to be overheated or hypothermic. In case you need to know..His other health issues are: eosinophilic esophagitis, Systemic mastocytosis, bicuspid aortic valve disease, asthma, GERD, dysphagia, gtube, sensory processing disorder, oral apraxia, chronic thrush, multiple food/drug/environmental allergies. He's also had some recent blood work done, it hasn't all come back yet, but one they said they wanted to monitor was an elevation in bile acid. But only slightly I guess. Not sure what that is, I couldn't find anything on it online. Thanks.
An update...I decided to take his temp last night and it was 92.1 and again and it was 93.6..I took my own to check the thermometer and mine was 98.1...he was cold but pouring sweat..