2 Year Old with Body Odor
My 2 year old has an underarm odor. The smell is confined to her underarms and it smells like onions. The doctor told me to try different soap. I did that last night and this morning my daughter still had a faint smell of onions under her arms. Now what? I'm so worried something is wrong.
My 6-month old son has developed an onion smell under his arms.  We are going to the ped. tomorrow, though she is thinking it is a rash.  There is not a rash, just a foul onion odor, similiar to old-man B.O.  Despite washing him, and adding baby powder he continues to smell.  I would like to see a ped. Endocronologist (spelling?) to rule out early puberty as crazy as that sounds....it can also be something in the hypothalmus, as this is where sex hormones stem from....?  I'm not a dr., but have never heard of a baby with smelly underarms.  
I'm not sure about babies and toddlers but, for me it was a hormone imbalance (I was about 50 when it started).  I started using over the counter progesterone cream (comes in prescription strength as well).  According to the directions on the jar (I actually use less, about 1/2 reccomended).  For me the "onion B.O." went away almost immediately.  Talk to your doctor first to make sure it's OK for your child.  I also remember reading someone's post when I was first looking into my problem that a newborn aquired the onion body odor from his mothers breast milk.  Aparently she craved a hoagie just after delivering him.