Pediatrics Community
2 Year Old with Body Odor
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 Year Old with Body Odor

My 2 year old has an underarm odor. The smell is confined to her underarms and it smells like onions. The doctor told me to try different soap. I did that last night and this morning my daughter still had a faint smell of onions under her arms. Now what? I'm so worried something is wrong.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My 6-month old son has developed an onion smell under his arms.  We are going to the ped. tomorrow, though she is thinking it is a rash.  There is not a rash, just a foul onion odor, similiar to old-man B.O.  Despite washing him, and adding baby powder he continues to smell.  I would like to see a ped. Endocronologist (spelling?) to rule out early puberty as crazy as that sounds....it can also be something in the hypothalmus, as this is where sex hormones stem from....?  I'm not a dr., but have never heard of a baby with smelly underarms.  
Blank
I'm not sure about babies and toddlers but, for me it was a hormone imbalance (I was about 50 when it started).  I started using over the counter progesterone cream (comes in prescription strength as well).  According to the directions on the jar (I actually use less, about 1/2 reccomended).  For me the "onion B.O." went away almost immediately.  Talk to your doctor first to make sure it's OK for your child.  I also remember reading someone's post when I was first looking into my problem that a newborn aquired the onion body odor from his mothers breast milk.  Aparently she craved a hoagie just after delivering him.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...