4 month old bowel movement problems
My daughter for the past 3 weeks is unable to poop on her own. Her last poop without help was March 31, she went 7 plus days without going and I had to use supositories to assist her on April 9th. She has not gone since, I gave her another suppository April 14th, went to see the dr. today and she informed me that this is normal infants can go 7 to 10 dys without releasing. She hardly ate or slept at daycare yesterday and when I assisted her she slept pretty well and nursed for 45mins. Should I be looking for a new pediatrician or is this normal.
If I was you I would be looking for a new dr.My son suffered from constipation since he was 6 months old.We tried all the home remedies and ended up at a GI dr when he was a year old.He just turned 4 now and they are doing a bunch of procedures on him to see if his rectal muscles are functioning normally and also doing a biopsy to check for Hirshsprungs Disease.(spelling).Not to say that you daughter has that but I would definitely not wait.My son has suffered almost all his life and it si very sad to watch him.when he doesn't have a bowel movement his whole personality does change and he gets really moody.I totally understand that she wont sleep or nurse on you.It really does effect their whole lives.I hope this helps you.I read about too many little ones that have suffered.
Go for a second opinion. don't necessarily need to get a new doctor, but for this problem, I would go for a second opinion to see what that pediatrician thinks. good luck.
hi i'd go for a second opinion, my 16yr daughter was born with Hirshsprungs, diagnosed when she was 3weeks old..  cronic constipation is the first signs, but this can happen at any age depending on how much of thebowel is affected.. it might be worth asking for hirshsprungs to be ruled out..