4yr son zoning out?!
I have a 4yr son that "spaces" out at least 5 times a day.... we can be having a conversation...and then bam...5 seconds of him just zoning out. He'll sway back and forth...or just stare without blinking...it seems to be happening more often lately...I have to snap or poke him to get him out of it..then I ask him what he was thinking about..he sometimes says" I dunno"or "you mommy". I made an appointment but they can't get him in until next week...whats your opinion?
I have a close friend whose son is five, and he is epileptic.  His seizures are exactly as you described, blank stares.  He was diagnosed around three and a half, and wears the bracelet, and it has never really been a severe problem, just something to be watchful of.  I am not saying this is what your son has, but its definitely good that you are getting it checked out.  Hope all goes well at your appointment next week.
Get a neuro appointment; they are most likely to schedule EEG type test
Wow...is this something they out grow? Does it hurt them?
When my friend's son has the seizures, its not painful, in fact, he doesn't realize he's having them.  But he was put on medication and hasn't had one in over a year.  Again though, your son may not even have this condition-I'm not sure how common it is.  I hope you'll get an answer soon though!