5 year old still has cradle cap
Our five year old son still has a patch of what is commonly known as cradle cap on infants.  For years we have used an over the counter cradle cap remedy, baby oil, and/or moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.  We have picked it off and gotten rid of it and then it comes right back.  It is not noticeable under his hair and it doesn't bother him.  He does not scratch at it or notice it at all.  Having large flakes in his hair is really just a nuisance.  Would a shampoo like an adult anti-dandruff formula be too strong for a five year old?  Any suggestions on how to get rid of this once and for all?
Most times on the shampoo the will be a company number to ask the age one can use these shampoos, when my kids had it I used Olive oil and let it sit on there for a while to soften it then picked it off with a tooth comb, I guess it sounds like you did similar thats when the question arises how to prevent it, well if it comes back, do it again, maybe at some stage it wont come back, have you thought to google 'cradle Cap" and see any ideas out there on prevention.