Pediatrics Community
5 year old with groin pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 year old with groin pain

My 5 year old son has been intermittently complaining of groin pain for weeks. The pain is on the right hand side in the crease where the leg meets the groin.  It is in a specific spot he can point tom there is no redness or lumps/swelling.  The pain can be recreated when the spot us pushef on or with certain movements ie skipping, the pain doesn't last long. No other symptoms such as weight loss, limp night sweats  I am concerned about something serious like bone cancer. .
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
I was wondering about a hernia ...even though there is no lump it is still possible , I would have it checked out by your doctor .
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
It sounds to me like a possible pulled muscle or tendon?  Remember that more often then not things are not serious, although I know what you mean, it's very easy to imagine the worst.  I'd have him seen as well, but honestly...5 year old's are typically pretty active and I'd bet it's something minor like a tendon or muscle issue, especially given that it only bothers him when he moves a certain way.  All the best!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...