5 year old with groin pain
My 5 year old son has been intermittently complaining of groin pain for weeks. The pain is on the right hand side in the crease where the leg meets the groin.  It is in a specific spot he can point tom there is no redness or lumps/swelling.  The pain can be recreated when the spot us pushef on or with certain movements ie skipping, the pain doesn't last long. No other symptoms such as weight loss, limp night sweats  I am concerned about something serious like bone cancer. .
I was wondering about a hernia ...even though there is no lump it is still possible , I would have it checked out by your doctor .
It sounds to me like a possible pulled muscle or tendon?  Remember that more often then not things are not serious, although I know what you mean, it's very easy to imagine the worst.  I'd have him seen as well, but honestly...5 year old's are typically pretty active and I'd bet it's something minor like a tendon or muscle issue, especially given that it only bothers him when he moves a certain way.  All the best!