Pediatrics Community
5 year old with nose bleeds and high fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

my 5 year old gets nose bleeds all the time then with in 24 hours she runs high fever of 102 -104.7  her dr cant fogger out whats up with this we got her nose coterized this past summer still no help this past wednesday she fell at school and busted her lip and yesterdayran a temp of 103 .2 dr said iron good blood all good no infection sent us home this high temp happens every time  gets a cut and bleeds even if its a drop or two she dose have allergy related asthma and i was going through cemo when i found out i was expeting her and her tiwn that i lost  so i know her imunsystem is low cause she gets sick all the time no matter what i give her to boost her system  and she cant gain weight and now her nice long brown hair is turning whits one hair at a time  please help any thoughts on this would be great
I think that you should go back and make sure you get more answers about her symptoms, did I understand her hair is going white , ?
Melissa:

I saw your post on the MS forum and followed you here.

I'm one of those who likes to pose a lot of questions, so here I go again:

-When did you notice this starting with your daughter?
-Does she have any other symptoms that you notice? You might want to make a list and go over them with her doctor.
-What tests or exams has the doctor run? With the blood tests, was a CBC run?
-At what stage were you in your pregnancy when you had chemo? Is her doctor aware of this?

If this were my child, I would be as concerned as you are about her.

If her doctor did not run a CBC, I would ask him/her to do so, as well as performing a complete physical. I would then request copies of the doctor's transcripts and test results. If the doctor still seems unconcerned and has no recommendations for a specialist, you might want to consider contacting your oncologist and explain the situation and ask for a referral.

Please keep us posted.

Audrey

Hi Melissa,
I'm just checking to see if you got any help over here on the pediatric forum - I hope someone will have suggestions for you and your daughter.  - Lulu
Hi guys there is also the Expert/Doctor  pedatric forum  may have some more answers for her ...
just found white hair last week  it use to be curly not now use to be shinny not now and her weight is only 31 LBs dr keeping eye on her and knows about the chemo i was 4 months when i found out i was going to have her cause i lost her twin at that time so i took treatments for about 8 months 4 befor i became pregnate and 4 months after then stoped all meds but trybutalean to keep from haveing contractions and haveing her have had blood word done all blood work  and everything fine have an appt this month and will ask for all tests results and to find out whats up with this hair, nose bleeds, and weight problem (i didnt know i was preagnet till i was 4 months alond and only found out when i losther twin ) so  yes her hair is going white about 4 inches from root its white rest brown thought it was just the lighting till i looked closer and took out ruler to messure all hairs about 7 in all  and all at different stages in length of going white thanks for the thought on calling my cancer dr im going to and see what she says and also go to an alleragest to see of it is food or invirment or any thing related  and going to see a nutristionest about the weight problem  thank u all Lulu54,Margypops and Audrey_M for ur help will keep all posted when i have up dates .