Pediatrics Community
5yr old itchy penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

5yr old itchy penis

My 5 yr old is the size of a 7 yr old. His penis has been itching for months now. The Phys. Assistant we saw after 3 weeks of the ithcing coming and going, recommended Aquaphor since his urine tested fine and there is no visible rash, flaking, smell or discharge. He recently has started gripping himself 80% of the time (while walking, sitting , concentrating or distracted) and says it itches on the base of his penis.
Should I bother with another trip to the Pediatrician or go see a Urologist?
Avatar n tn
Check a tight foreskin and or frenulum breve. I went to 2 different pediatricians and neither was thorough enough to pick up on it. Stretching the foreskin gently over a period of 3 months was recommended and then a frenulectomy should that fail.
Avatar n tn
My son, 6 yrs. old, seems to have the same problem. Our pediatrician also has not been able to find anything wrong. Did you go to a urologist? Has the problem resolved?

Avatar n tn
My 5yr old has the exact same problem. At first I just thought it was a boy thing but it has gotten so bad that other people are noticing how much he is grabing himself. I have not taken him to the doctor yet but was panning to. Did you find any information out?
my son is having the same problem and we have taken him to two diiferent doctors and a urologist and they have not find anything wrong about to get another opion. It comes and goes.
Did anyone get a response to this issue?
Did you find out the answer to this?

Bel
Hello, did you find out the answer to this. I'm experiencing the same thing with my 5 year old?

ty,

Bel
Hello, having the same issue with my 5 year old. Was your son not circumsized. Mine is...do you think it could still be the same issue?