Pediatrics Community
6 year old feel weird tingling sensation in palm of hands/joints
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

6 year old feel weird tingling sensation in palm of hands/joints

Hello,

Was hoping someone could help me?  My 6 year old daughter has been complaining of weird sensations in both hands when she either bends her fingers or when she squeezes her hand.  She said it feels kinda like a tingling sensation.  It is worrying me a little bit so was wondering if anyone has ever heard of something like this?  Also if I put pressure going up her arm she says it hurts?  Any ideas?  She is a very healthy 6 year old no previous problems or falls.  Thank you!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
What has she been using her hands/arms for , has she been playing any kind of nintendo or video games a lot, any sports that may have put pressure on the nerves in her hands.As she is also having arm pain I would get it checked out.
Blank
Hi,

No she doesn't play any sports currently, just ballet and tap and she doesn't really use her hands for that.  I didn't think of this before but she does play the Nintendo Wii but not more than 1 to 2 times per week for about a half hour at a time.  She is going to the doc tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone else has ever had an issue like this before.  I couldn't really find anything on the internet about it, everything just kept going to carpel tunnel but she couldn't possibly have that?  Anyway thanks for the response, its appreciated!
Blank
My daughter has the same issue. Since its so close to Xmas doctors can't see her right away. Please let me know what it might be because I am going crazy thinking the worse case scenario thank u
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
It may also be from growing pains, is she in good health otherwise, eating and drinking well, no stomach issues?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...