Pediatrics Community
7 year old with intermittent stomach aches and vomiting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Our 7 year old daughter has complained for months now about her stomach bothering her at times, she did have the flu for a couple days. However, now she has lost 3lbs (she is 49 inches and weighs now 73lbs) The Dr. with Kaiser wasn't concerned as he said she has a "reserve" in regards to her weight.  Well, she vomits at least every other day. Her eating habits have changed alot and we are very concerned.  Last night at dinner she ate her  burrito and then next thing she is vomiting in the bathroom.  
I am very concerned as my husband is too and to add to this, when she had the flu her cough was awful(per her Dr. not asthma) another Dr. had said she had cough variant asthma her DR now says that is really not the case.  My husband has asthma and he even says her cough sounds just like mine.  We are at a loss and are about to go out of Kaiser to get some answers.  
I thought maybe she is allergic to something she is eating etc.  They did do some blood work I believe it was for strawberries etc and all came back negative...
Thank you
D
How is she doing at school does she vomit there when she has eaten ? How is she doing at school, has she any siblings ?There have been many nasty stomach virus's going round this year and children do pass it on to each other.Has she still got the cough? .
yes she still has the cough and last night she coughed so hard that she vomited.  She told me on Friday that she did vomit 2 times last week, what seems to happen is that she makes the gesture to vomit (almost like she is trying to vomit and then she does).
My husband said she sounds like she has asthma. Oh and when they took her blood ox 2 weeks ago it went from 100 down to 97 and they took it off and I was asked at that time from the nurse if she had asthma I told her cough variant and ofcours the dr dismissed it saying she really doesn't have it.. I am going to ask for a referral (too bad this is a kind dr but I need someone who is no nonsense)  Same ped that gave our daughter over 12 antibiotics in one year for ear infections and i finally said llook i want a referral to ear nose and throat or I am going to patient services
When we finally met someone we like she agreed WAY too many anti and should have had tubes long ago....
goodness 12 antibiotics in a year does sound excessive and I agree it would be best to seek a referral as you are not getting anywhere..I wonder if there's a chance it could be bronciolitis ,it sounds like the coughing induces the vomitting..didnt you say that she vomitted after eating a burrito though?