Pediatrics Community
7 yr old with recurrent pneumonia, infections, weight problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My 7 yr old has had it rough the last 3.5 mths.  Oct 13, she had asymptomatic pneumonia.  If it wasn't for the ear infection, we wouldn't have known it.  During the next 3 mths, she had strep throat, a respiratory illness, pink eye, and during Christmas vacation, she had an unexplained high fever.  I told her doc that she had quit eating, and he said not to worry.  In January, after i got her to eat a little supper, she projectile vomited when she went to bed.  I took her to the doc the next day to find out that she was losing weight. She is still a healthy weight though(48 inchs and 50.4lbs) He ordered a series of tests.(CBC with diff, parasites, urinalysis, and suggested that i give her pediasure at bedtime.  He told me she was neg for celiac disease. Two weeks after the tests she got pneumonia again. Even after the pediasure and the vitamins, she had not gained weight in the 2 weeks.  I told him that she had not had a bile movement in 10 days, and he didn't seem too concerned.  He suggested a laxative after she recovered from the pneumonia.  Here we are about a week after the bout with pneumonia, and it has been about 2 weeks since her last bile movement.( She has gained weight obviously about 3lbs and she looks bloated)  I gave her 4 tbs of karo syrup on Friday and again on Saturday.  Still nothing.  She goes back to the doc monday for a pneumoia checkup.  I am going to give her some miralax today, to see if i can get the ball rolling.  He had sent a stool sample kit home with me about 2 weeks ago, but i haven't been able to get a specimen of course.  She is very gassy.  Any suggestions on what is going on with my baby!  
I would be concerned at the reason she is getting the pnuemonia (pneumonia) again, once she is eating better she will have a bowel movement ,let the first concern be getting her immune system up and running, sounds like you need a 2nd opinion regarding her health and well being.