Aa
A
A
Close
Abdominal pain and vaginal burning
Hello! I have an 8 yr old daughter who has been complaining of abdominal pain and vaginal burning during and after urination for 2 weeks now.  I took her through emergency after 3 days where the ER doctors did a urinalysis and cultures but as a result they both tested negative for a UTI or bladder infection. She was diagnosed with strep throat and is being treated with amoxicillin 400mg in which I was told it cures some symptoms of a UTI however she still complains. I followed up with her pediatrician where there was a second urinalysis done which also tested negative. Two days after we visited the emergency room once again and there she had abdominal X-rays, a urinalysis and an ultrasound of the reproductive area which showed some debris in the bottom of the bladder and now she's being treated with septra.  After a day of treatment she's still complaining of the burning sensation what else can I do until she sees a urologist? What are the doctors missing? Is there something I can do to ease the pain?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
535822_tn?1443980380
It does sound like a UTI...we have on Med Help 2 forums maybe able to help you better, the Urology forum and the urinary Tract infection forum . Go back to the forums page and look down the list for both ...good luck
Comment
Cancel
535822_tn?1443980380
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Abdominal pain and vaginal burning
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703