Pediatrics Community
Abdominal pain and vaginal burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Abdominal pain and vaginal burning

Hello! I have an 8 yr old daughter who has been complaining of abdominal pain and vaginal burning during and after urination for 2 weeks now.  I took her through emergency after 3 days where the ER doctors did a urinalysis and cultures but as a result they both tested negative for a UTI or bladder infection. She was diagnosed with strep throat and is being treated with amoxicillin 400mg in which I was told it cures some symptoms of a UTI however she still complains. I followed up with her pediatrician where there was a second urinalysis done which also tested negative. Two days after we visited the emergency room once again and there she had abdominal X-rays, a urinalysis and an ultrasound of the reproductive area which showed some debris in the bottom of the bladder and now she's being treated with septra.  After a day of treatment she's still complaining of the burning sensation what else can I do until she sees a urologist? What are the doctors missing? Is there something I can do to ease the pain?
It does sound like a UTI...we have on Med Help 2 forums maybe able to help you better, the Urology forum and the urinary Tract infection forum . Go back to the forums page and look down the list for both ...good luck