Abnormal nail growth on toddler
My sons big two nails (both of them) fell off when he began walking around 12 months.  His doctor thought it was from pulling himself up using his tip toes.  The nails of course grew back but are rigid, uneven and have bad hang nails. His doctor was not concerned and said sometimes it takes a while for the nail to grow back correctly but it's been a while and it has not improved.  My son is now 2.5.  I' would like a second opinion and am considering taking him to a podiatrist but of course don't want to spend the money if they're going to tell me the same thing.  Any thoughts, reccomendations or advice on possible treatments a podiatrist might suggest so I can make an informed decision on how to proceed?
yes I would say that the doctor was correct and the nails had in fact been damaged ... we have on Med help an expert /Podiatry forum and i suspect they will be able to help you ..go back to the forums page look to your right to Foot and Podiatry forum ...good luck