Pediatrics Community
Accountant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Accountant

i have a two year old child who have just developed a swollen gland on the left side of the neck just below the ear. I am wondering what is the cause? this has been there for three weeks now but the child is happy and not sick . please help
Has your child been sick before the gland came up ? It does sound like a lymph node , they do swell if there has been an infection present. Keep an eye on it and if it remains enlarged have it checked out.
I would have it checked ASAP Just to be safe. It could just be an infection but maybe antibiotics are necessary have it checked :)