Pediatrics Community
Acrocyanosis (turning blue)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Acrocyanosis (turning blue)

My daughter was born with congenital heart disease, she had two holes in her heart. When she was around 3 months old we started noticing that she turns blue alot (hands, feet, up her legs and arms, sometimes around her mouth). Now, they have cleared her meaning it's not her heart causing this, and the doctor said it was just acrocyanosis, due to her being a baby and having an immature circulatory system. Well, she's now a year old, and it's not gotten any better, she still has these blue spells EVERY day, regardless fo the weather/temperature etc... Even at this late age, is it still normal, or is something else going on?
We have a pediatric heart forum on MH go back to the forums page you will see it .good luck
I'm a member of it, however this is not a heart condition, so it does not belong there, and I wanted to ask other parents if they've had experience with this. Hence... pediatrics.
I must have misread your post I thought it says heart disease and the blueness was connected ..I apologise I hope some will help you .
Sorry, yes, no they said it's not her heart casuing this. I definitely would like to know why it keeps happening.
Then it may be a good idea to go back and ask the Doctor specifically ,have you tried the search engines for more information ?
I have looked it up and it says that its normal except for if it becomes central cyanosis and that could mean a decrease in blood oxygen ..I do think you need to read up info there seems to be a lot of it . soles of feet, palms of hands and sometimes around mouth seems okay however  if she is getting it on central' parts oh the body ,head, torso I would ask for further investigation as that could mean central cyanosis