Pediatrics Community
Antenatal fetal ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Antenatal fetal ovarian cyst

I am pregnant with 33 wks pregnancy. Doctor has diagnosed fetal ovarian cyst on the right side in my baby. It is supposed to be located anterior and superior to the urinary bladder in the fetus. I don`t have hypothyroidism or diabetes. repeat USG after a month reveals increase in the cyst size from 3.1 cm to 5 cm with now appearance of internal septations within the cyst. It is believed to be ovarian cyst.I have also developed mild polyhydramnios( AFI 24 cm). I am very worried about this cyst and scared for any fetal surgery later.Please guide me and inform whether surgery shall be required after the birth and should i go for Normal delivery or LSCS for this cyst? what are the repurcussions of this cyst on the baby after her birth?