Pediatrics Community
Baby sleeping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Baby sleeping

My 6 weeks old baby has gotten used to sleeping on her stomach because i would lay her down at nap time in front of me on her belly. now she refuses to sleep on her back in her crib. I know tummy sleeping is a major risk of SIDS. Any ideas on how to break her from this habit?
put her on her back for naps.. and she can slowly get used to it again. it'll take some time, but it'd be best for her safety.
Use a sleep wedge so that she can sleep toward her stomach without actually rolling over. They are wonderful inventions. I lost a nephew to SIDS and use wedges for all of my kids.

You can slowly move her toward her back.