Pediatrics Community
Baby's Eyes Flutter with Positional Change

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

I have a 3.5 month old nephew whose eyes flutter rapidly for about 5 seconds when put in a horizontal position.  It doesn't happen all of the time, however it is pretty worrisome when one witnesses it.  It appears to be seizure-like, however, the two different pediatric neurologists that have seen him don't think it is seizures. He already underwent a 24-hour EEG and it came back fine. Also, the MRI came back clear as well. We are all so worried. My nephew had an appointment with the pediatric ophthalmologist today and the doctor said that it is not nystagmus and that his eyes are normal.  Have any of you experienced this with your baby?  If so, please share any treatments that your baby had. I would also like to know when and if it stopped.  Any information or direction you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to your response.

Many thanks!