Pediatrics Community
Baby's bladder surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Baby's bladder surgery

Hi, my baby was born last March with ( Imperforated Anus and Prune Belly Syndrome ) he is getting good treatment from a good team of doctors i just have one question.. the Surgeon told me that maybe he would need to make the catheter for the rest of his life as he has a huge bladder to avoid UTI... on coming November he will remove the left Kidney as it doesn't show any activity at all ( the right one is working fine ) and will connect the urethral of the left kidney to the belly button for easy catheter in the future... my question is if there is any kind of surgery to make the bladder smaller? and be able to tract the urine out?
Many thanks in advace