Pediatrics Community
Baby's head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Baby's head

4888285?1253395590
We have an almost  10 month old son. He was big boy at birth almost 11 pounds and he was really wedged in with little room towards the end--We had him via c-section. He had a really long head at birth but  over time the back flattened out just fine. His head is still big--and a little long  but looks like it fits him-and big heads run on my side of the family. I still don't fit into normal size hats. He has seen his regular pediatrican for the last 10 months and he has never mentioned anything concerning his head. He was just there 6 weeks ago to get his ears checked and the Dr looked over his head and forehead and all over and said nothing--except he is healthy and actually developing ahead ( has six teeth-trying to walk etc) - We took thim to the office on an emergency since he hit his tooth  and it was bleeding a lot and saw another doctor there who has not seen him since he was 3 months old. She said he is fine developmentally and his brain is fine--but she was worried about his forehead beign to big and not wanting it to grow out more towards the front and wants us to see a Neurosurgen next week. She said she was only thining in terms of cosmetically? Our regular Doctor is gone til Tuesaday.  I am so worried. Our Dr has never mentioned anything. She said his soft spots are still there but small. I feel a  a little ridge but isn't that normal now for that sagittal area? Is is she refferring to one of these cranio disorders or is there somethgn else? I thought  those cranio disorderes were all diagnosed ealry.   I have attached a profile pic. ANy feeddback is helpful