Pediatrics Community
Blood in my 2 year old's POOP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Blood in my 2 year old's POOP

My 2 and a half just pooped and it was hard and with a little blood and mucus, i am worry because it's the first time this happens, I don't know if it's because she pushed to hard or something is wrong ?
Hi there.  They often say that if it is bright red, it's from straining and if it is black, it's more of a problem.  

If it was just that once, I'd just work on her diet to allow her to be less consitipated.  Hard stools hurt!  I'd increase her fruit intake, fiber and give her a bit of grape juice daily.  Baby food prunes taste good and you can call it 'purple pudding'.  These things help keep stools softer.  good luck