Pediatrics Community
Bone age is older than actual age

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Bone age is older than actual age

My son had a done age test done showing that his bones are 5 years old although he is 5 months younger. I understand this test is hard to be very specific on. We are waiting for a appointment with the Endo. The reason for the test is he has dropped to 25ish % in height. He was born a twin at 35 weeks 5lbs11oz and dropped to 5 and stayed there. We had weekly weight checks they were both in premie clothe for 9 weeks. He started @ 10% in height but at 12 months shot up to about 50 or 60 %. At his 4 yr check up he was barley 25%. Our older son has always been between 75 & 95% in height. My husband is 6'1" I am 5'8". I was a very very late bloomer and grew 2 inches after highschool. We were hoping to see younger bones hoping he would just grow late. What does this mean for our son? Older bones means earlier puberty? If he is found deficiante can growth hormones still help him grow taller? He is 4 and already has a Nepolian complex, we keep telling him girls(his twin) grow faster when kids are young but it just makes him angry that she is taller. Any clues or questions you can give us to talk to the Endo about?
Thanks so much.

This discussion is related to bone age.