Pediatrics Community
Bone age of 12.5 year old of 6.5 year old boy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

My son is 6 1/2 has hair in his pubic, leg, and underarm area, but his testicles are not enlarged. He has always been in the 90 to 100 percentile in both height and weight since he was 1 or so. He has always been very aggressive and hyper if you will.  We are seeing a endocrinologist and have run some test. He is currently 4'6 and 77lbs. His bone age is of a 12 1/2 yr old and he is only 6 1/2. His hormones are off the charts in which the doc stated there are two hormones similar to testosterone that are extremely high.  According to the doc she has narrowed it down to two possibilities, One is a mass (tumor!!!) on the adrenal gland and the second was something he could have inherited from myself and his mother. We are waiting on an appointment for an MRI to check out the possibility of the mass and to run some more blood work to see if it is something that was passed down from us (the parents).The doc stated that he would have to get a shot every 6 months or so i belive it was estrogen to keep his bone age where it is. She said the shot was originated for women who had one breast removed due to breast cancer. The shot stopped cancer from spreading to the other breast. What ever it is that stops it from spreading is what is going to stop his bone age. She has never heard of anyone taking this treatment for so long think she is kind of in the dark.

The research i have done only shows advanced bone age of only 2 to 3 years in my case it is 6 years!!!! I will not receive any update for up to 8 weeks for test results to get in.

We did have all of all of the technical names written down but our car got stolen and all of that info was in it.
Letrozole is what she is looking to give him
Letrozole is usually used for treatment in breast cancer ..its possible they are also using it for treatment of precocious puberty...Lupron is usually the med used and I would tell you there are many problems associated with the use of it .So I have to say you need to ask for other opinions for your child maybe  another doctor .
Here is a discussion from a med help expert on usage of Letrozole.  good luck

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Pediatric-Endocrinology-/Letrozole-bone-age-advancement/show/555444
As far as I know the Med Help Pediatric Endocrinology forum is no listed however the old discussions as mentioned above may be of use,
Yes, they speak specifically about the usage of this drug and how it works.  good luck
Thanks all I will keepyou updated.