Pediatrics Community
Broken arm of 11 year old son
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Broken arm of 11 year old son

My son broke his arm on 9-21-07, we had the x-ray done at the E.R.,but since it was a friday we had to wait until Monday to have it casted. The Ortheopedic doctor who casted it, "glanced" at the x-ray from the E.R. then casted it without doing any kind of exam. Not even a month later, on the 18th of October he took the cast off, x-rayed it after he took the cast off,then proceeds to tell me to not let him lift anything with the arm that is heavier than a football. The x-ray of his arm looked worse when he took the cast off than before it was ever put on. So I called the closest childrens hospital to get him in to be seen. But here is where I am worried. The x-ray report from the hospital says that he has a comminuted fracture, which I have looked up several times, and it says those are when there is several breaks in a bone,almost like a crushing of the bone. Could he now have to go through surgery to have this fixed? He still has pain in the arm if he even just rubs up against something. Should that cast of been taken off or was it done to soon? Is he going to have permanent damage now?? I am very worried at this point!!!