Pediatrics Community
Bug bite, with swollen eye.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Bug bite, with swollen eye.

Should I take my 2 yr old to the doctor when her eye is swollen due to a mosquito bite
Calamine lotion is very soothing, cortisone cream may help..an anti histimine may also be good, ask her Doctor if thats okay ..apply wet compresses to the area .If its still swollen get doctors advice ..good luck
I have also heard that peanut butter and tooth paste work ....
Is her eye swollen due to the fact that that is where the bug bite was?  Or was the bite elsewhere, and the eye swelled up as a reaction?  I ask because there is quite a difference.  If she was bitten on the eyelid or near her eye, I would just leave it alone and it should go down in a day or so.  Babies are super sensitive and it's not unusual for them to swell a bit with bug bites.  I would not use any creams or lotions on or near the eye as they are not mean to get in her eyes, and that could cause some pretty serious problems.  

If her eye became swollen as a result of a bite elsewhere, I would be more concerned and would have her seen.  

In either case, if her eye is actually swollen shut, she should also be seen.  All the best to you!
I got bit by a spider I'm guesing . Its on my eye lid but its just swollen no red spots.  What do I do it kinda itches but I don't want to mess with it! Does water and sault help? ?