Pediatrics Community
Cast on Legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Cast on Legs

My 6 month old granddaughter has cast on both of her legs due to them not growing correctly. The cast has been on her legs longer then 7 weeks. What are the side effects if they stay on to long?  How can they damage her legs?

is it a permanent cast or a removable cast? I'd make an appointment with the doctor to discuss other options if you don't feel it is working or worth any risk that may be there. If the doctor doesn't want to change, then go to another doctor and get another opinion. Good luck.