Pediatrics Community
Chest X Ray

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Chest X Ray

Hi, My Son is 3 yrs old and suffering from cough from last 15 days. No fever. Chest X ray examination says "Prominent Broncovascular Markings are seen in both lungfields".
What is the clinical significance of this X Ray reading?  
It could mean asthma markings ..I suggest you put your question on the Radiology forum for more detail . good luck
I would ask Doctor but could be asthma. My Daughter was 4 years old when she was diagnosed with asthma and she had same symptoms persistent cough  that just sounded horrible and wouldnt go away she was put on Flovent and albuteral and referred to pediatric pulmonaligist and is 8 now and doing great on meds.