Pediatrics Community
Chest pain in 11 year old girl

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Chest pain in 11 year old girl

My eleven year old daughter has been having chest pain for almost two weeks.  It all started at a concert where she said that she felt light headed and dizzy and could breath well. I took her out and her lips were blue so she had Albuteral and Benadryl it did really help and she was taken to the hospital were they thought it might be allergic reaction and she was given steroids and released in the morning.  That day she started having chest pain. She was given another two courses of steroids and was told that the chest pain was nothing.  The chest pain increased and we have had a chest X-ray, EKG, and blood work. We have visited her allergist, eye doctor, ped endocrinologist, 3 ED visits, and 3 PCP visits. The only results was a slightly low thyroid which we were told that could not cause her symptoms.  Her symptoms are dizziness, a pushing pain that is constant and a stabbing pain that increases and decrease several times a day. The pain is in the center of her chest and can be above the breast in the left or right or below the breast on the left or right. She has had vision problems too.  She gets very weak during and after the episodes where the pain spikes. Her lips will get pale and sometimes have a blueish tint. Her lips have been extremely chapped and sometime look swollen. She has a pale look too. They have eliminated the chance that it is GI related or anxiety related. We have been referred to a ped cardiologist but they say the chances that its cardio is slim and they can't see us for three months.  
Has she been checked for colitis?
Her BM have not changed at all. They are normal.
have they checked he for gall bladder problems, ask for a hida scan ,
Colitis can hurt high in the chest and have no effect on the BMs.  I was just asking if they had checked for it, in other words, was it on the list of things that they have struck off.
Not yet. Have a doctor that just doesn't seem to want to do to much. The only blood test that they have done was a simple blood scan for electrolytes, iron, blood count and thyroid. All the blood work came back fine except for a slightly low thyroid, along with the EKG and chest X-ray. They say the chest X-ray has eliminated anything life threatening so the ED just sends us home. I am not sure exact. We have been to three different ED even to get the same answer. That she is fine. During her episodes her pain rises quickly, a stabbing pain, her lips get pale sometimes even blue, she gets extremely dizzy and weak. It can last for a hour or 12 hours. There are no rhyme or reason to the episodes. They can happen in the middle of the day, night, when she wakes up whenever. Are there any certain test or suggestions that I should ask?
I think because of when the attacks happen they don't feel that it's gall bladder.  There is no nausea or link to food that we can find.
I will ask.