Pediatrics Community
Child going to the bathroom constantly

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Child going to the bathroom constantly

My son is 9 years old.   For the last year or so has had issues with going to the bathroom a lot.   There are times when he will urinate two to three times in a 10 minute stretch and then turn around and go back to the bathroom to do "number 2".     This appears to only be a day-time issue and his pediatric doctor sees this as a normal behavior for some children.   My concern lies that a majority of the time the urge to go appears to happen when he gets in the car and I am afraid that maybe some organs are getting pressed on.   Your probably reading this and thinking that maybe this is stress related, but I don't see that on my end.    He is a fairly easy going child and I don't the urge increasing when his stress level increases.    If I need to see a specialist, is a Pediatric Urologist the best place to go?
Tags: bathroom
I would be on the safe side and get a seconed opion by a uralogist.Does he  get constapation.Sometimes it can put presure on the bladder.Maybe thats why he has to go right after going # 2.
No constapation.   Any other ideas?