Child periodically vomits once in morning...then fine
My now almost 6 year old boy, who is otherwise perfectly healthy, will randomly wake up some mornings and have a need to vomit. He'll claim to be really thirsty, won't want to eat and just want to lie down until he eventually vomits. Once he does vomit (always withing an hour of waking up), he's immediately back to 100% and roaring to start his day. It always amazes us how fast "he returns to normal".

This has been happening since he's about 1 and is very random. It sometimes happens weekly, sometimes not for a few months. We've kept track of what he eats the night before (as per MD) and there is no correlation. For the past year, we've been giving him a small glass of milk and a digestive cookie before bed to see if it's an acidic issue, and although the frequency may have slowed somewhat, it still happens...again this morning.

Any ideas?
I am not certain that a milk and cookie before bed is a good idea...If this has been happening since he was 1 year old have they told you what the problem may be ? I am wondering about a food allergy and possibly I mean milk ,how about you try something, give him water and a cookie before bed or preferably just water .Milk whilst good for children is notoriously allergic for some .Now you say he does this each morning is this after his breakfast or before ?
It was the doc's suggestion to give him the milk and cookie before bed in the hopes that it was an acid build-up issue. Yes, we will be following up with him on results in the next month. But like I mentioned, the episodes have been less frequent since this bedtime "diet", but they still occasionally happen, regardless of what he eats the night before. The episodes are entirely random.

When they happen, the episodes are always before breakfast and we know he's going to have an episode before he wakes up, because he begins to moan while still in bed.

Again, shortly after waking up (usually within an hour), he'll vomit and then be immediately back at 100% and be ready to eat and start his day.
Has he any concerns about going to school, does he still vomit at the weekend ?
No concerns whatsoever about school. His biggest concern is being late for school on the mornings that he does vomit. Yes, it happens on weekends too. Actually, it happened this past Sunday while camping (that's 2x in 10 days).
As its not continuous it kind of sounds as its emotional  it may be aswell to take him back to the doctor again see if there are any gastric reasons..just another thought did they check his sugar levels .  
I know this thread is old, but please, please, please, if you have found any answers to your son's episodes, can you please share them with me. My daughter is 6 years old and has had these exact episodes since she was about 3 years old. They are identical.
I was cleaning up my bookmarks and found this topic that I had started years back. So, I thought I'd provide a bit of closure and offer up a bit more info on the "morning sickness" issue. As it turns out, even though my son was regular (a daily "poo"), he was chronically constipated. That means that his "morning sickness episodes" were just the times when there was no room in his tummy. In hindsight, we should have clued in with his constant "man-sized poos".

Anyway, for the past few years, he's been on CLEARLAX and the episodes are almost non-existent.