Pediatrics Community
Children's Health
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Children's Health

my grand daughter repeats herself constantly and can fall and hit her head hard and act like it never happened. i am starting to think something is wrong.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Hi.  How old is your grandaughter??  It is amazing how resilient little ones can be!  My husband and I say that all the time.  Some of the falls, bumps and boo boo's my kids endure would send me crying or to the hospital!  Our boys just jump right back up most of the time.  So, it is hard to say if what you describe is abnormal or not.  Some kids do have an underresponsive nervous system and they don't feel pain like the rest of us and that can end up being dangerous down the road.  Pain response tells us to stop doing something that hurts----  we need that in order to not create serious injury.  

As to the repeating herself--------  does she communicate normally overall??  Does she respond to comands for example?  Can she express herself, seem to understand people?  Can she articulate words?  There is a wide range of 'normal' with speech in toddlers so it would help to know where she is at overall besides just the repeating.

Does she trip a lot by the way??
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
In my experience most young children repeat themselves over and over, it can get irritating ,do you answer her each time ?Distraction works or going onto another subject once you have answered her question ,it doesn't mean there is anything wrong' with her. The banging her head, children are tough very often they bash themselves and say nothing..in my opinion both these issues are normal but if there is concern run it by the doctor Good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pediatrics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...