Chronic Coughing
Hi All,

My daughter is 17 months old and since she was 3 months old, she has been either coughing, wheezing or congested.  I used to have a local pediatrician who kept telling me that she was in day care so it is common.  And so this went on and on.  We are military, so I decided to switch pediatricians for another opinion.  Now I have seen 3 different "so called" military pediatricians and they say she has baby asthma and have put her on a daily breathing treatment (nebulizer).  However, this is not working.  She still has all the above mentioned symptons and now has had diarrhea for 2 weeks on and off (about every other diaper is mushy instead of runny).  I took her to a Urgent Care clinic the other night and told him what was going on and he said she has nocturnal asthma and the diarrhea could just be allergy related.  Okay now I have tried changing her foods, everything.  AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH I am so frustrated.  My 17 month old should not be having these issues all the time and all i want is someone that can tell me what to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Perhaps it is food related, when she has the Diarhea what has she eaten be a good idea to write it down, give us an example of a days food, starting with breakfast also what drinks she has, apple juice is well known to have an allergic reaction in some children, orange can also affect them...What meds has she been taking?
good Idea margypops. also she could have asthma and not be on the right medications.
good luck
Michelle