Cystic Fibrosis to worry or not to worry
Ok my son is 21 mos and I have noticed that I taste salt on his skin. Is this normal or should I worry?  I thought we all tasted a little salty but when I read about cystic fibrosis it made me worry.  Is it that they are excessively salty?  

My son passed the newborn screening and I had the carrier test and it was negative.  He is about 25% for weight and 39 % for height.  He started out at about 50% for weight and height but has been at steady growth on 25% since 10 mos old.  He does have issues with dairy so he doesnt get any so I always thought that was why is is on the smaller side.  He has never had an issue with being sick even have Influenza A with no complications.  His stools are on the softer side and can be watery but they are never fowel smelling.  If they are formed which lately they are they do sink.

Am I worry for no reason I just noticed the salt and now I am constantly checking to see if he tastes salty :(

We JUST went through this scare as well. It doesn't sound like he has it. My daughter also has a salty taste. She tends to sweat a lot. She did a recent stint in the hospital to not eating. We found that she has an ASD and right ventricle heart dilation. This was the cause for her sweating. The test isn't painful and is over in about an hour. It never hurts to have them tested.

Best wishes!!
Thanks for your response!  I ended up talking to the ped who said they have no concerns because he passed the newborn screening and I passed the carrier test.  He just said sweat is salty and if he sweats a lot then it is ok to be salty.  

Sorry to hear bout the heart defect.  I can understand that my ODD had open heart surgery at 8 wks to correct a VSD & PFO.  Good luck and thanks for responding!