Pediatrics Community
Delayed Milestone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Delayed Milestone

My friends son is about 4 years old. He was an premature baby. There were some delayed milestone seen such as he was not able to talk or walk like the normal child. He was reffered for Karyotyping (Blood Sample- Peripheral Blood, Investigation Procedure - Long Term Culture, GTG Banding), wherein it was founded that one of the chromosomes 15 seen in all the metaphases and is showing excess of chromatin on the short (p) arm. Moreever one metaphase has clearly shown breakage of one of the chromosome 3 with additional breakages. Also some of the chromosomes like 3,17 & 20 have shown extensive condensation as compared to their counterparts. I would like to know that where their can be permenent cure for this delayed milestone, if not, what can be impact of the same on the growth of the child, particularly on which part of the body. Kindly guide. Thanks,...... Nitin