Does this mean my daughter's diabetic?
My almost 6 year old daughter has been having some issues and I hope someone can help me here. We believe it's a low blood sugar issue, but I am not sure. She is falling asleep on a regular basis in the middle of the day. (Not normal) She wakes up in the night to get something to drink, and is sort of shaking. She urinates constantly, even in her sleep. And never ever can get enough to drink. I am waiting on my new glucose meter to get here. We have a family history of diabetes, but never this early. Am I looking in the right direction?
You might be looking in the right direction, but why wait for a glucose meter?  Take her to her doctor.  If you're guessing wrong, what if it is something else and the doctor wants to start treating it right away?  You will have lost precious time.
I havent taken her just yet, because we have no insurance. All of these expenses will be out of pocket, so I need something to go into the doctors office with. If not it costs me 2 to 3 doctor visits to be able to find a diagnosis. thats $375 and up.
Hi there are also clinics for folks with out insurance most cities have one ,also local hospitals will see a child and anyone in need.The urinating in the night maybe due to her drinking a lot .I hope you checked her sugar level , ?
I wonder if you could call your health department and ask for suggestions about where you can go to get a glucose test done for her.  They'll most likely require that anyway.  And juvenile onset diabetes is important to get diagnosed----  you may find a sympathetic ear at your area health department.  good luck