Pediatrics Community
Early puberty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Early puberty

My daughter is 9 years old with a bone age of 10 to 11 years. She is currently 4 ft 9 inches and she grew 5 inches last year. Previously, she was always in the 75% on the growth charts. Puberty indicators - Tanner stage III. We have visited 2 endocrinologists regarding potential treatment for precocious puberty. Both want to see her in 3 months. The two differ in their approach to treatment. If we move to treatment, one recommends Lupron. If her growth is affected, she indicated that they would follow with GH. The second recommends Lupron in conjunction with GH. Can you tell me what the standard practice is in pediatric endocrinology?
Thank you.

This discussion is related to nipple pain.