Pediatrics Community
Enlarged testicle normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Enlarged testicle normal?

My 6 week old son's right testicle appears to be 5 times larger than his left. His left is the size of a marble. his right testicle is swollen inside the scrotum but doesn't cause pain and moves as easily as the left one does. It doesn't appear to be a hydrocele because there is not fluid in the scrotum around the testicle, (he had that at birth before his testes dropped) just a large almond shaped testicle. Should I be concerned and have a hydrocele surgery? Are they worth the  risk?
Correct that: We confirmed that it is fluid in his scrotum, so it is a normal hydrocele. I was told it should resolve itself by 3 months or so. I'm not concerned anymore...