Pediatrics Community
Extreme Sensitivity to Cold in toddler?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to allergies, behavior, developmental disorders, immunizations and vaccines, puberty, and any other pediatric health issues including brain, bone, heart, lungs, gastrointestinal and urological in adolescents, infants, newborns, and toddlers.

Extreme Sensitivity to Cold in toddler?

DD (22 months) has always been prone to peripheral cyanosis, but lately her hands especially are SUPER sensitive to cold. It takes very little to turn DDs hands purple, or even blue, and they stay that way for a long time. And not only that, but they hurt her to the point of crying. Today we walked from the car to the school - no more than 30 seconds, it was windy, but only about -2 or 3 (celcius), so not all that cold. And in that short time her hands had turned, and she was CRYING in pain, saying "Ow, ow". They stayed red for probably 15 minutes after. If she even touches something cold, they'll turn and she'll say, "Ow, ow".

Has anyone else had any experience with such extreme sensitivity?
  • my teenager (12 replies):
    I have a sixteen year old son that was hit by a car in 2...[more]
It is considered normal in small children to round about 2 years old its to do with the regulation of their blood flow.There is also anemia and Raynauds syndrome,if you are concerned I suggest you speak to your Doctor about it see what he thinks .Good Luck